Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lolita Fairytale

(via fashion gone rouge)
I must say that this editorial from POP magazines Fall/Winter 2010 edition totally creeps me out.  I realize that it is the result of the combined efforts of many photography, styling, and creative geniuses, and that it is meant to be evocative, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way.  Like, why does our beloved Brit Brit look like a 5 year old playing dress up in mommy's old wedding gown?  She's 28 years old, so I'm not really buying this child bride shtick.  Maybe it's the fact that she appears to be both childlike and sexy at the same time, an unsettling and disturbing combo.  I don't know, maybe I'm just being a wee bit .
Follow Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes
Truly yours,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Each photo rubs me the wrong way for a different reason. I really don't like her fake smile in the second photo.... weird....

    http://ficklesense.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the love!