Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Strength to Face the Day

{via Vogue May 2008}

I realize that these images are a bit old, ancient in fashion-world years, but they've just recently inspired me a great deal, so I thought, why not?!   These women are all strong, glamourous, powerful, and fashionable, all things that I'm trying my hardest to be, and while I'm not attempting to be a superhero, I do kind of dig the theme.  It's not as if I look at this editorial and think "oh, I could wear that", but it certainly creates an idea, a feeling of power that I wish to evoke and that I truly believe fashion helps us to embody.  When I get dressed in the morning, the costume I assemble gives me power, even when I feel so low that I can't imagine facing the world.  I need that, I think we all need that.  Thanks for reading, loves, it means the world to me.

Follow Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes
Truly yours,
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Huh, some kind of sparkle led me here from Poland.
    Very inspirational note, exactly what I need right now. Thank you :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i'm so glad you visited and that you were touched, it really means so much to me!

    truly yours,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fashion is inspirational. Just the kind of thought I needed today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the love!